Finding Bookkeeping Companies Close By
If you live in a mid-sized or large town, it should be easy to find companies that provide bookkeeping services close to you. But just because a company pops up when you search “bookkeeping companies near me” doesn’t mean it will suit your organization’s needs. It pays to look closely at each option, asking questions like these:
- Have you worked in my industry?
- Have you worked with companies similar in size to mine?
- Do you charge a flat monthly fee (BookWerks™ does) or by the hour (outdated)?
You may prefer to use a bookkeeping service within a few miles, but this should probably not be your top reason to pick a bookkeeping service. A good bookkeeping company will be able to work remotely and you can always communicate via phone or email or Zoom.
Before you meet with any prospects, ask around. Who do other businesses near you use? Who do people you trust (maybe in your trade group) use? Ask what they like and dislike about their bookkeeping partner.
Meet Before You Decide
Even with a sterling recommendation, it makes sense to meet the people you will be dealing with before you make a decision, even if that’s just a virtual meeting. You can learn a lot about bookkeeping companies near you by talking with them. Are they courteous? Do they communicate in terms you understand? These things can tell you a lot about the people who run the company.
Here are some more questions to ask:
- How do you adapt as a client adds vendors, sites and customers?
- What software do you use? Why did you pick that one?
- Have you helped both startups and businesses ready to sell?
It always is good practice to ask for references, and compare fees.
Why Consider BookWerksTM
We provide affordable outsourced bookkeeping to a wide range of entrepreneurs and small businesses, using cloud-based SAS technologies that allow us to:
- Electronically scan, digitally read and categorize invoices
- Link directly with your POS systems, payroll, credit card and bank accounts—eliminating the need to manually enter data, which leads to errors
Each client is assigned an Accounting Manager who reconciles your accounts throughout the month, providing:
- A robust income statement and balance sheet within days, not weeks.
- Answers to any questions you have at any time.
With BookWerksTM, you can rest assured your financial records are being keep correctly. This provides peace of mind and gives you more time to focus on your business.