Finding Superior Bookkeeping Companies Close By
If you live in a mid-sized or large town, it should be easy to find reputable companies that provide bookkeeping services near your home or workplace. But just because a firm pops up when you search “bookkeeping companies near me” doesn’t mean it will suit your business’s needs.
It pays to look closely at each service you are considering, asking questions like these:
- Have you worked in my industry?
- Have you worked with companies similar in size to mine?
- Do you charge a flat monthly fee (BookWerks™ does) or by the hour? (this is outdated)
Before you meet with any prospects, ask around. Ask peers and colleagues about their experience with local bookkeepers:
- Who do they use?
- Are they glad they chose this service?
- Who do they trust?
Ask what they like and dislike about their business’ bookkeeping partner.
Meet Before You Decide
Even with a sterling recommendation, it makes sense to meet the professional bookkeepers you will be working with before you make a decision, even if virtually.
You can learn a lot about bookkeeping companies in your area by talking with them.
- Are they friendly, professional and courteous?
- Do they take their time with you?
- Do they communicate in terms you understand?
These answers can tell you a lot about the culture of the company and the people who run it.
Here are more questions you might want to ask:
- How do you adapt when a client adds vendors, sites and customers? How does the monthly fee change?
- What accounting software do you use? Why did you make that choice?
- Have you helped startups, small businesses and established business? What about owners ready to sell?
It always is good practice to ask for references, and, of course, compare fees. Our flat monthly fee ensures you always know what to expect.
Why Consider BookWerks™
We provide affordable outsourced bookkeeping to a wide range of entrepreneurs and small businesses, using cloud-based SaaS technologies that allow us to:
- Electronically scan, digitally read and categorize invoices
- Link directly with your POS systems, payroll, credit cards and bank accounts—eliminating the need to manually enter data, which leads to more frequent errors
Each client is assigned an Accounting Manager who reconciles your accounts throughout the month, providing:
- A robust income statement and balance sheet within days, not weeks.
- Answers to any questions you have at any time.
With BookWerks™, you can rest assured your financial records are being keep correctly. This provides peace of mind and gives you more time to focus on work-life balance and growing your business.