Finding Bookkeeping Companies Close By
If you live in a mid-sized or large town, it should be easy to find companies that provide bookkeeping services near your home or workplace. But just because a company pops up when you search “bookkeeping companies near me” doesn’t mean it will suit your business’s needs.
It pays to look closely at each firm you are considering, asking questions like these:
- Have you worked in my industry?
- Have you worked with companies similar in size to mine?
- Do you charge a flat monthly fee (BookWerks™ does) or by the hour (outdated)?
You may prefer to use a bookkeeping service within a few miles of where you are based, but this should probably not be your top reason to pick a bookkeeping partner. With today’s SaaS technology, a good bookkeeping company, whether they are near where you are located or not, will be able to work remotely and you can always communicate via phone, email or Zoom.
Before you meet with any prospects, ask around.
- Who do other businesses near you use?
- Who do people you trust (maybe in your trade group) use?
Ask what they like and dislike about their bookkeeping service.
Meet Before You Decide
Even with a sterling recommendation, it makes sense to meet the professional bookkeepers you will be working with before you make a decision, even if only via a virtual meeting.
You can learn a lot about bookkeeping companies in your area by talking with them.
- Are they courteous?
- Do they communicate in terms you understand?
These things can tell you a lot about the people who run the company.
Here are more questions to ask:
- How do you adapt when a client adds vendors, sites and customers?
- What software do you use? Why did you make that choice?
- Have you helped startups, established businesses and small business owners ready to sell?
It always is good practice to ask for references, and, of course, compare fees. Our flat monthly fee ensures you always know what to expect.
Why Consider BookWerksTM
We provide affordable outsourced bookkeeping to a wide range of entrepreneurs and small businesses, using cloud-based SaaS technologies that allow us to:
- Electronically scan, digitally read and categorize invoices
- Link directly with your POS systems, payroll, credit card and bank accounts—eliminating the need to manually enter data, which leads to errors
Each client is assigned an Accounting Manager who reconciles your accounts throughout the month, providing:
- A robust income statement and balance sheet within days, not weeks.
- Answers to any questions you have at any time.
With BookWerksTM, you can rest assured your financial records are being keep correctly. This provides peace of mind and gives you more time to focus on your business.